Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Creatine Supplements: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

I'm thinking of taking creatine to bulk up (I just joined a gym), so I started reading up a little online about how it affects the body.

Apparently it also is useful in preventing injury and disease.

Short-term use is generally considered safe, but long-term effects are unknown. "Also, the FDA urges caution, since long-term effects of creatine supplements are still unknown. 'The FDA recommends that consumers consult their physicians before taking this or any product like this,' says FDA spokesman Lawrence Bachorik. 'Creatine has not been evaluated by the FDA for safety, effectiveness, or purity.'"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've taken creatine all the time and worked at GNC for a bit - hit me up if you want some advice!

Aaron