Monday, September 12, 2005

Life after Haifa (Episode 1)

So I have been out of Haifa for 2 weeks now, so thought I should get to documenting my life after...

A tearful week of farewells preluded my drop off at the Haifa Mercaz train station, where I had only a few moments to gather myself before catching the train to Ben Gurion airport... I made it there in about an hour and was pleased as always by how smooth the ride was, much better than the sherut! I then proceeded to El Al's rigorous check-in which seemed not that bad this time... I made it to the gate with a few minutes to spare before boarding started so I really couldn't complain. In flight they showed a horrible movie called "XXX: The State of the Nation" (which I recommend you never see) so I chose to catch up on my 2 and 1/2 year sleep deficit...

London was awesome! Loved it! Manijeh and Vince were excellent hosts, and I was the first guest to sleep over in their new apartment! It was such a nice place, totally reminded me of San Francisco - hard woord floors, large windows. So then.... okay, my brother wants to start me on a 12-week "get buff course" , also known as "fight the skinny", so we are going to the gym. Dear friends (smirking), I will finish this post a bit later....

No comments: