Monday, September 12, 2005

Life after Haifa (Episode 1 - continued)

So my first adventure to 24-fitness almost deserves its own post... basically I weigh 200 pounds less than the average gym goer, and about 50 pounds less than my brother Devan. But I did my best to lift all the weight he put on my bar, but by the end let's just say I could barely walk... and there was this one guy who kept walking around saing "whoo!" every time he finished a set....

Okay, so back to London town! The night I arrived Manijeh and Vince picked me up and introduced me to the wonders of Tesco, the mighty English supermarket chain. I had a love affair with this wonderful store while I was there, and I recommend you all do the same one day. It is a beautiful, beautiful store... (with tasty chicken wraps!) The next day I met up with Dumazi who very kindly walked me past all the central London sights, inlcuding Big Ben and 10 Downing street (sorry, I didn't see Tony Blair). We also took a ride on the London Eye, which is kewl but at almost US$25, not that kewl. I also had fish and chips, and let me tell you, the fish is good, but basically tastes like fish stix... The next day we went to the resting place of Shoghi Effendi and later shopping for a new TV.... several stores later Vince and Manijeh purchased as sleek LCD television, on which we promptly began to watch Matrix .

The day after that I met up with Shahrooz Badkoubei and Seena Samimi and we checked out some museums. Next day we went to Cambridge with Ria and Evelyn. Ria is engaged to the famous George Costant, and the three of us (Evelyn, Ria and me) hit it off when we discovered we all went to Cal...Cambridge is beautiful! Everyone should go there, and make sure to go punting! Weather was so nice the entire time we were there....

The next day I met Vince for lunch then caught the Tate Modern, which was awesome! Then went to a park and then to Ria's place for dinner, where we observed the Greenwich Median Line, where time begins! The Royal Observatory shoots out a green light at night and there is a line drawn on the ground for nerds like us to photograph... :)

So then I went home in Virgin Atlantic airlines, which I highly recommend. Arriving in San Francisco, I noticed that my friend Badi wasn't there to meet me like he had said he would. I called him to find out where he was. He told me he had shown up to the airport an hour ago, but a cop pulled him over. Turns out his registration stickers were expired and the cop wanted to tow him. Badi, being the expert negotiator that he is, he was able to persuade him not to tow him, just to issue a fix-it ticket instead. But the cop wouldn't allow him to stay at the airport any longer, and told him, "if you don't leave right now, I'll tow you!" Haha, so Badi got chased away by the cops! (Badi, if this story isn't true..)

1 comment:

Omid said...

what up dawg! where else are you on the NET?! check out my blog...mostly for school