Thursday, January 15, 2009

Global Rich List

The Global Rich List is an interesting site. Enter your annual income and see how you stack up against the rest of the world. Although most of the time I feel like I am barely scraping by, according to the web site I'm in the top 0.88%! (Wait a minute, that means 99.22% are poorer than me...)

I found the following quotes from the Bahai Writings helpful while reflecting on my place in the world:

O SON OF MAN!
Should prosperity befall thee, rejoice not, and should abasement come upon thee, grieve not, for both shall pass away and be no more.

O SON OF MAN!
Bestow My wealth upon My poor, that in heaven thou mayest draw from stores of unfading splendor and treasures of imperishable glory. But by My life! To offer up thy soul is a more glorious thing couldst thou but see with Mine eye.

(Baha'u'llah, The Hidden Words, p. 16)

2 comments:

May Shelley said...

you are so much richer than me.

Nabil said...

very well put justin. its always nice to have the Hidden Words to put you in place.